Sunday, February 10, 2013

December

This is just a short little scene I wrote a while ago. It's not for any of my books, just for fun. Hopefully I'll have something more for you soon. Enjoy.


            The first time I saw her, I thought she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. It was late December, less than a week before Christmas. The snow had come late that year. When it did appear, it was almost over night. The world was blanketed with a sheet of white. The trees glistened with icicles. Snowflakes continued to drift down softly, distorting the horizon and turning the world into a wonderland.
            I saw her from a distance at first. Her scarf was a trail of colour in a monotone world, as red as a blooming rose. She had a small smile on her face, as if she had just thought of a joke she'd heard once. Everything about her spoke of warmth, and life, and passion. She radiated light. Suddenly my dull little world was set ablaze, and all I wanted was to touch the flames. I had to know her.

No comments:

Post a Comment